Re: Setting up a Linksys WRT54G router for SSH port forwarding

On 10/04/2010 04:02 PM, Jim wrote:
>    Fedora 12 on both computers
>
> I have two computers setting behind this Linksys WRT54G router and I
> want to connect to both of them by SSH remote across the Internet.    I
> have the internet IP for this router.
>
> #1   192.168.1.100
>
> #2   192.168.1.101
>

> In the The Applications and Gaming Tab - Port Range Forward Tab , I have
> setup one computer as      ,    ssh    22     22    Both
> 192.168.1.100    enable      and it works okay.
>
> But how do I setup computer #2    192.168.1.101 .
>
> I have Googled the Internet and found out how to setup one on port 22 ,
> but not Two computers using SSH port 22

Must you have both to use port 22 for ssh? How about configuring
one of the (in /etc/ssh/sshd_config)
to use port 2222 and configure thr router to forward port 2222 to it
and the other can use port 22.
So when you ssh to these from the internet, you ssh to the
pulblic IP address of the router and add the port to the command line
argument.
as in
ssh -X host -p portNumber