Re: wrong "audio" card found?

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 22:27:55 -0500 (CDT)
Michael Hennebry wrote:

> How did you discover what you needed?

I think I correlated dmesg output with the native
device number assignments shown by listing them with the
alsa utility programs, then played with the
modprobe file till they came out right. It has
been a long time since I created the file, and
I've just been copying it from release to release :-).

> Is that just a gnome thing?
> I'm running KDE.

Don't know if it will only work in gnome, but the
tool is named gnome-volume-control. Goto hardware
tab and select profile "off" for the device you
want pule to ignore.