Re: wrong "audio" card found?

I've got what linux thinks are 3 audio devices.
The built in motherboard, the pci card I added to get
optical output, and a USB microphone in my webcam.

I had to add this /etc/modprobe.d/usbmic.conf file
to get everything assigned to consistent index
numbers no matter what order the devices get
enumerated:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel index=0
options and-card-0 index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-ca0106
options snd-ca0106 index=1
options snd-card-1 index=1
alias snd-card-2 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=2
options and-card-2 index=2

With the pulseaudio sound dialog there is also
a hardware tab and you can select devices and
mark them not to be used by pulse (which I do
with the optical output card since I want to
dedicate it to alsa output from mplayer).