Re: Broken mail readers (was Re: Properly wiping a hard drive ?)

  On 10/10/2010 08:29 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 10/10/2010 09:59 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
>
>> The mail client is usually the one that adds the
>> message id. If it doesn't, then gmail is the one
>> adding it.
>
>     As far as I know - the message ID is the responsibility of the MTA
> not the MUA - the MUA creates or appends to the References: header and
> the In-Reply-To header - these can be used for threading.

OK, so gmail is the MTA.
When the list server then broadcasts the message to all
subscribers, does it really include the sender? If yes,
then I can see how the MTA (in my case gmail), can latch
onto the message ID and prevent it from coming to
my inbox.