Re: How to get f 12 -- *t*w*e*l*v*e*, twelve???

On 10/05/2010 02:35 PM, Beartooth wrote:

> 	Every download site I've tried -- several, especially
> fedoraproject ones -- comes up on a search for F12, but the minute I
> click on a link, it sneaks in F13.
>
> 	This is offensive.
>
> 	How do override it? I've *got* 13 on most machines, and regret it
> all day, every day. I ever tried preupgrade to F 14 beta -- in vain. It
> preserved the misery I'm trying to escape.
>
> 	All  can see left is to revert to 12, if I have to DBAN each
> machine and install 12 from scratch; make sure it's right; and preupgrade
> to F 14 in November. But I seem to have deleted both my F12 ISO and the
> DVD I had burned of it.

I don't know what your issues with F13 are.  It works well on all of my
machines--some of which are fairly esoteric.  I did have some issues if
I upgraded to F13 instead of doing a fresh install.

If you must feel you have to fetch F12 and reinstall, here's one mirror
of the CD and DVD ISO images:

	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/12/Fedora/x86_64/iso/
	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/12/Fedora/i386/iso/

Just wget whatever ISOs you need.  Updates should be available at all
the mirror sites still (until F12 goes EOL), but if you need one spot:

	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/12/x86_64/
	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/12/i386/

F12 will go EOL pretty soon, so you really should sort this out.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks@xxxxxxxx -
- "People tell me I look at the dark side.  That's not true.  I have -
-   the heart of a small boy......in a jar right here on my desk."   -
-                                                    -- Stephen King -