Re: wrong "audio" card found?

> >> How did you discover what you needed?
> >
> > I think I correlated dmesg output with the native
> > device number assignments shown by listing them with the
> > alsa utility programs, then played with the
> > modprobe file till they came out right. It has
> > been a long time since I created the file, and
> > I've just been copying it from release to release :-).
>
> You mean the numbers I got with lspci?

Nope. The alsa system assigns an index number to each audio
device, and things seem to go much better if the one that
should be the default is index 0. (Though if you use
pulse for everything it seems to do a better job
of sorting things out even if the index numbers change).

> What is the modprobe file?

The /etc/modeprobe.d/usbmic.conf file for earlier post.