Re: Can I know which fedora is stable?

Steve Searle <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Sent: Oct 1, 2010 7:46 AM
>To: James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Community support for Fedora users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Can I know which fedora is stable?
>
>Around 02:54pm on Friday, October 01, 2010 (UK time), James Mckenzie scrawled:
>
>> Fedora is used as an test platform for the various RedHat technology
>> releases and Red Hat Linux has stated this from the first release of
>> the program.
>
>Can you give any cites for Red Hat stating this?

This was stated when RedHat shut down their 'free' support site.  This was a long time ago.  You may be able to Google or Wikepedia for it.  The purpose was to receive community input for proposed changes to RH products before they went out.

This is why I use CentOS, not Fedora in my production systems.  Fedora is loaded onto a laptop to see what is 'up and coming' and what breaks so that I can provide feedback.  Right now, my video is messed up, but I'm still working on that.  I'm waiting on the public release of FC14 to see if it is fixed or remains broken.

James McKenzie