Re: Can I know which fedora is stable?

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 06:54:57 -0700,
  James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fedora is used as an test platform for the various RedHat technology releases and Red Hat Linux has stated this from the first release of the program.  That my friend is tech speak for 'wide beta'.  Red Hat is very interested in what breaks for the common user of their Linux products and whether or not a fix works and does not cause further problems.

It's on a different scale though and different kinds of issues are expected.
Fedora releases are supposed to work. Some of the new technology make work
in the sense of not having an unusually high number of bugs, but have issues
with usability or other things.

> Again, the Fedora project does not recommend running FC in a production environment because things do go wrong, but they do want people to 'beat the bugs out' and run it in a similiar to environment (use it as if you were on production, but not with critical, cannot loose data.)

Really, where to you see that recommendation?
Fedora releases are not supposed to have data loss bugs.
The reason many people (inluding myself) don't recommend it for servers
(production or not) is that it's too much work to maintain because of
the rapid release cycle, not because it doesn't work. That said, I do run
it on my personal servers because computing is a hobby and I am willing to
do the work needed.