From: users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sam Sharpe
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:43 PM
To: Community support for Fedora users
Subject: Re: Can I know which fedora is stable?

On 1 October 2010 00:40, Gordon Messmer <yinyang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/30/2010 08:56 AM, James Mckenzie wrote:
>> However, be aware that Fedora tries to be on a six month or shorter
>> release cycle.  Fedora is basically a 'wide beta' for RedHat and that
>> is also stated on the Project's web page.
>
> Where is that stated?

It isn't stated in those terms, but it is an accepted representation of the
status quo.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Project_Wiki

> The Fedora Project is a global partnership of free software community
> members. The Fedora Project is sponsored by Red Hat, which invests in
> our infrastructure  and resources to encourage collaboration and
> incubate innovative new technologies. Some of these technologies may
> later be integrated into Red Hat products.

It is not part of Fedora's aims to be Red Hat Enterprise Beta, it will and
should exist whether Red Hat choose to develop from it or not. Any
statements about how Red Hat uses Fedora would come from Red Hat, not from
the Fedora Project.

--
Sam