Re: generating PDF's via code - looking for ideas

  Depends on the languages you can work with and what level of control
you need

Jasperreports - jasperforge.org is an appropriate solution in the Java world
BIRT - http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/ - also provides reporting
tools in the Java world
PHP offers bindings for PDFlib (not really cheap)
FPDF - www.fpdf.org and TCPDF - www.tcpdf.org are free PHP libraries for
producing PDFs

PK