Re: Suspend/sleep

On 09/28/2010 09:58:43 AM, Roger K. Wells wrote:

>   Months ago when I started using Fedora 13 from Centos 5.3
> one of the reasons was that things just worked.  Things
> like suspend when the laptop lid is closed.  Lately starting
> perhaps six weeks ago the probability of a successful suspension
> and subsequent wake up seems to be about 50%-60%.
> My question is what can I check to gather evidence about what's
> going on and how to fix it?
>
> uname -r: 2.6.34.7-56.fc13.x86_64
> Machine: Lenovo X200 Thinkpad.

No problems with suspend (to ram), ASUS Z84F,
2.6.34.7-56.fc13.i686.PAE, FWIW.

The first place to look when diagnosing suspend problems is /var/log/
pm-suspend.log. After that, look at kernel doc, http://
www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt and
follow links from there, as seems appropriate.

FWIW, its sometimes said that reporting kernel problems to Bugzilla is
a waste of time, as kernel developers don't pay attention to them. I
can testify that my recent eperience (a suspend problem, no less)
contradicts that. They are, in fact, very attentive.