Suspend/sleep

  Months ago when I started using Fedora 13 from Centos 5.3
one of the reasons was that things just worked.  Things
like suspend when the laptop lid is closed.  Lately starting
perhaps six weeks ago the probability of a successful suspension
and subsequent wake up seems to be about 50%-60%.
My question is what can I check to gather evidence about what's
going on and how to fix it?

uname -r: 2.6.34.7-56.fc13.x86_64
Machine: Lenovo X200 Thinkpad.

TIA,