Re: Unable to blank DVD+R R/W

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 10:11 +0200, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> There are two programs what you could use to write CD's, DVD's - one
> is the deprecated: and well hated bogus wodim (what is an debian
> zombie fork of an old-timer cdrtools), and the another is libburnia.
> If you look around, between the gnome/kde programs mostly they are
> looking for wodim - but couldn't tell you why. But sometimes they are
> using libburnia, witch currently under development, but works like a
> charm. The problem exists mostly because of wodim - there are many
> types of bugs, what includes permission rights and many more types
> too. I don't know why are the programs are still using this engine...

I can't say that I've had problems with wodim, it does what it's
supposed to, as it's supposed to.  I did have problems with the
cdrtools, which required an extra encumbered thing to be able to burn
DVDs.

The author did themselves no favours with their attitude, either.
Changes in licensing, then all the bitching...

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.