Re: Need advice for which photo printer to buy!

On 09/23/2010 08:28 PM, g wrote:
> On 09/24/2010 02:49 AM, JD wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>> I didn't realize at first the Epson was a all-in-one. Now I'm going to
>>> see if I can stretch the budget for a Epson Stylus Photo 1400. 5
>>> colors + black and 13x19 borderless printing.
>>>
>> Be ready to shell out a lot every time you need cartridges,
>> and you are going to need them often if you print a lot.
>> They do not hold a lot of ink.
> none of them are really cheap any more, and one of the reasons i
> listed epson last.
>
> tho i do give epson a point for 5 colors.
>
> last
I shelled out 500 bucks for a Brother MFC9840CDW Laser MultiFunction
printer.
It  has 4 laser cartridges , but they are quiet large and will
likely last me a long time. Have had it for 6 months.
I found an inexpensive source for the laser toner cartridges.
By inexpensive, I mean about 70 bucks. But for something that
I expect to last me a few years, it will probably be equal in cost
to buying inkjet cartridges every 2 to 3 months.