Need advice for which photo printer to buy!

I currently have a HP Photosmart C5580 which is a decent all-in-one
printer that I only paid $99 for but the photo printing leaves
something to be desired. My wife is a art hobbyist so I'm looking for
a decent dedicated photo printer and I've found two in my price range
(about $200).

Since in general HP printers are well supported, one of the printers
I'm looking at is the HP Photosmart B8550[1].

My inlaws have one of the Epson Artisan printers and it seems to do
well so I'm also considering the Artisan 835[2]. Per this third party
site[3] it says it has linux print drivers but I'd like to know if
anyone has used this (or similar) printer under linux with good
results? Do I need to download the driver from this site or is it in
the Fedora repos already?

Thanks,
Richard

[1] http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/Photosmart/1/storefronts/CB981A%2523B1H