Re: Build bash 3.2 rpm package

Sam,

   When you mean 'nuke all other files' what do you want to mean? Delete all other files?

   If I download the source package (e.g. bash-3.2-24.el5.src.rpm for Red Hat 5), install it, grab only the spec file and put it in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ directory, put all other files in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ directory and try to do a rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/bash.spec, could it work?