Re: Disable SSE3 routines in glibc

Hi Rares,

Thank you for your response. I am doing some kind of live migration.
And I just found that it is actually SSSE3 no sse3 that I am dealing
with. This feature does not seem to be available in AMD processors.

Anyway, I just asked one of the glibc developers (H.J. Lu) and the
solution is to add --disable-multi-arch flag to the configure
parameters.  Right now it seems to solve my problem, I have a new
glibc running on my machine.

I build my glibc by modifying Fedora's glibc source rpm (just the spec
file) and build using the command below. Are there any other
parameters for rpmbuild that Fedora use to build its binary rpm that I
am missing?
rpmbuild -bb --target=`uname -m` glibc.spec

Cheers,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Rares Aioanei <fedora.listen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/19/2010 08:20 AM, Thawan Kooburat wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Because of my work, I need to prevent glibc from using SSE3 routine
>> such as __strncpy_ssse3 even though the machine supports those
>> features.
>>
>> My current solution is to recompile glibc from source rpm.  However, I
>> am not sure if there is a flag that I add into the spec to do what I
>> want.
>>
>> There seems to be --host option of 32-bit that allow me to target
>> specific CPU (i[345]86) but I don't see if there is a similar option
>> for x86_64 machine.
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>>

> Might I ask why would you need disabling of sse3?
> --

Thawan Kooburat

Graduate Student
Department of Computer Science