Problem with USB KVM Switch.

In switching from a Trendnet KV-400 swith to a USB 2.0 KVM Switch I am
having a problem with the monitor coming up in 1024x768 mode instead of
the 1280x1024. If I plug the monitor directly to this Fedora 12 machine, it
comes up as 1280x1024?

The monitor is a Sceptre Tech Inc 19"  which is recognized by the fedora
when it is connected directly to the machine with 1280x1024 with 60hz.

If I then hook the monitor back up thru the switch if works at the correct
resolution, but expect that a restart will put it back to the 1024x768, and from
the specs it should be running at 75hz.

Haven't found a fedora drive for this monitor, and system-config-display
doesn't show it.

Is this a problem with the KVM switch or with the Monitor using default
settings. Don't understand why it sees the monitor as unknown even when it
is the selected PC on the swich at boot up.