Re: Screen Resolution in Fedora 13 on Intel i915 Chipset

>>Hi,
>>I am not an expert on this, I just try to help if it is of any value :-)
>>Having said that,
>>$ man xrandr
>>$ xrandr
>>$ xrandr --verbose
>>
>>Some links:
>>search Google: fedora xrandr change resolution

Thanks for the help, but this doesn't solve the problem- I am able to
change screen resolution just not to the resolution of 1680x1050 which
I want, the highest available is 1024x768. Strangely after resetting
my computer last night I was suddenly able to see all of the video
modes for my monitor again. Luckily I didn't post "Solved" because
after another reboot it simply went back to having 4 video modes
again. As I write this I am on 1024x768.

This is all making me think that the issue is actually with my
monitor- whatever ROM inside the actual screen that stores the
available video modes isn't working all the time. Can anyone confirm
that the video modes 1024x768, 800x600 and 640x480 are like default
modes used by X11 if Xorg is unable to query your monitor for it's
available modes?

Also if this is the problem, how do I know what are the right
parameters to write a modeline for 1680x1050 resolution?