problems with gigabit speeds on dual network card

 Anyone got any suggestions for this.

 I have a linksys sr2024 Gb switch

 Several things are plugged into this - all using cat 5e or cat 6 cables.

 Some things are connecting with full Gb speed but the main firewall wont.

 The machine has 3 intel nic's -

  lspci | egrep -i ethernet
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 01)
05:04.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82541PI Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 05)
05:05.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82541PI Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 05)

 The 82573 is on board and not used - the other 2 nic's are used - one
for internal subnet and one for external.

 The internet side is connected to a cisco 800 router (which I believe
is 10/100 only .. tho I cudnt swear for sure)

 The inside is connected to the SR2024 Gb switch.

 Both nic's come up in 100 Mb/s - I rebooted the switch, and I plugged
and unplugged the cables, I tried ethtool -r ethx a few times to no avail.

 Other machines on same switch are happily running at full gigabit speeds.

 Nothing in logs suggests a problem

 Is there a problem with multi nics of same brand where they need to run
at diff speeds ? Or is this a quirk with some hardware somewhere ? Or ???

 Appreciate any suggesions ... its getting tiring forcing renogiation!

 thanks ...

gene/