Re: [OT] e-mail problems

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:20:53 -0400
Steve Blackwell <zephod@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:41:11 -0600
> Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 15:16 -0400, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> > > I'm struggling to explain why I appear to never have problems
> > > when the router is taken out of the equation. How can I prove to
> > > my ISP
> > > that it is their problem?
> >
> > How can I prove that the fact that I mowed my lawn yesterday didn't
> > cause the pavement to collapse in front of the grocery store
> > downtown?
> >
> > In both instances, you're looking at two things that are REALLY
> > unrelated to each other in any way.  There's nothing to "prove".
> > >
> OK, so "prove" is not the right word. I'm looking for something I can
> do to "convince" my ISP that they need to look closer at their server.
> Logic doesn't seem to work on them.
> Perhaps there is some on-line test to put a router through its paces?
>
> The other problem I've been having is that my throughput speed drops
> from ~27000kbps to ~15000 and when I reboot the router it goes back to
> the higher number
>
> Well I've just noticed that the router firmware could do with
> upgrading so I'm going offline to do that. Wish me luck.
>
> Steve

Well the firmware upgrade may have made a difference. I'm now getting
e-mails from people who were getting them rejected before. They are just
taking 5 hours or so to arrive.

I agree with Frank Cox that it SHOULD have made no difference at all.
Strange coincidence that its kind of working now though.

Steve

--
Changing lives one card at a time

http://www.send1cardnow.com