[OT] e-mail problems

I have been having some problems with my e-mail for about a week or so.
Some e-mails are not getting delivered but most are.

I contacted my ISP and they had me plug the cable modem directly to the
computer instead of through the router and the problems appear to go
away.

This makes no sense to me. If someone sending an e-mail to me gets
the mail bounced back to them with a server time out error from the ISP,
how could my router affect that? The router in question is a Linksys
e3000. I called them too but they won't talk to me with sending them $s.

Can anyone explain that or is my ISP blowing smoke?

Steve

--
Changing lives one card at a time

http://www.send1cardnow.com