pcmcia SATA adapters

  I have been googling for pcmcia SATA adapters
that interact with BIOS to announce the drives
connected to them to BIOS.
If anyone recalls, many PCI SCSI and IDE adapters
could do that.
I have not found any such pcmcia adapter.
Would greatly appreciate any tips for finding one.

Reason: Because my bios does not know of the drives attached
to the pcmcia SATA ports, I cannot boot from these drives.
Have tried many tricks suggested by others, to no avail.