Re: Reset grub?

Hi,

>>> chroot /mnt/sysimage
>>> grub-install --recheck /dev/sd?
>> I've done this, and it has reinstalled the boot loader, so it now
>> provides me with boot choices.
>>
>> Alas, it still doesn't boot. I think I really need to rebuild the
>> grub.conf. How can I do this?
> At boot time, when you see the grub boot menu,
> press any key to stop automatic boot.
> position the cursor at the line of linux you want to boot.
> press e to edit that line.
> then position the cursor on the line that has the kernel boot parameters.
> press e to edit that line.
> now the cursor is at end of the line. Append a space followed by -s

It's resolved now. It looks like it was a combination of a corrupt
grub.conf and the filesystem needing to be relabeled. I forced the
relabel, rebooted, and it started in X as it should.

I then immediately noticed there was a grubby and a kernel update,
which I applied. I suspect it was to fix the corruption of grub.conf?

Thanks,
Alex