Re: OT - Command line manipulation of sound files

On 09/06/2010 09:53 PM, Robert wrote:
> I attacked the seemingly simply task of producing an audio CD from a
> collection of MP3 files and  have concluded that it's not as easy as it
> sounds. UNLESS GUI front ends are used!  I would much rather stick with
> CLI because scripting works better that way.

Check out bbb.  I have bbb-0.0.3-1.i386.rpm installed on my server (from
a *long* time ago).  You should be able to find it from
www.flyn.org/projects/bbb/download.html.  I think the current version is
0.0.4.

bbb is a replacement for burn_baby_burn.  Both are a set of scripts for
ripping/burning and generally dealing with CD/CD-R/CD-RWs.

I burned many a CD-R with WAV files using it years ago.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx