info on hibernate in F13

Hello,
having F13 on my Dell XPS M1330 I'm verifying functionality of hibernation.
Configuration:
Actions on battery power
a) put computer to sleep when inactive for: Never
b) When laptop lid is closed: Suspend
c) When battery power is critically low: Hibernate

Display on battery power:
a) Put display to sleep when inactive for: 10 minutes

In gconf-editor I see:
1) use_time_for_policy is checked
This means that time based notifications and actions should be used

In /apps/gnome-power-manager/thresholds/time_action I have:
2) time_action = 120
3) time_critical = 300

I don't understand quite well the relation between 2) and 3)...
Is it correct to suppose that based on c), 2) and 3) I will have
battery considered critical when 5 minutes of battery are remaining,
but the hibernate action will be carried out when 2 minutes are
remaining?
If so, if I want to set time_action = 300, can I only do it from
gconf-editor or are there any other tools?

I leave my laptop powered on without battery and come back when
battery life is already finished and I see pc powered off.
When booting again (with AC), I see these messages when pc is trying
to Hibernate:
Sep  6 10:23:51 ope46 kernel: PM: thaw of devices complete after 342.777 msecs
Sep  6 10:23:51 ope46 kernel: PM: Not enough free swap
Sep  6 10:23:51 ope46 kernel: Restarting tasks ... done.

In fact my current situation is 2GB of ram, with swap configured on
both partition (512Mb) and filesystem
[root@ope46 ~]# swapon -s
Filename				Type		Size	Used	Priority
/dev/sda5                               partition	506012	0	-1
/swapfile                               file		2097148	0	-2

Is there anyway to have this work or to be able to hibernate I have to
create a partition of more than 2Gb?
Can I set the swapfile to priority "-1" and have it used when
hibernating (and when booting again after it)?

Thanks,
Gianluca