Re: need new repo list for fedora 12

<snip>

hello michael,

i played with this and up until 0900 hrs utc, this morning and i believe i
figured out what is going on.

that is maybe i have. i got so tired that my sight was blurring and i had
to quit because i had trouble see what i was typing as well as what i was
looking at.

i have 1 of problems solved, but have a question on other.

after about 4 hours sleep, i woke up thinking about what errors are occurring
and what i do believe may be reason.

> If you're capable of editing Yum .repo files, it is possible to go into
> /etc/yum.repos.d and modify fedora.repo and fedora-updates.repo
>
> Where you see the lines
>
> #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
>
> mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-released-f$releasever&arch=$basearch
>

> You drop the leading '#' from the baseurl=... line and replace
> "download.fedoraproject.org  with download.fedora.redhat.com  OR the IP
> address posted above. If you then still cannot access that repo,
> something's wrong with your networking.

actually, lines are a little different and it is this that i have a question
about.

{
what i have in "fedora.repo*;

#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/

would become;

baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
}

{
what you show;

#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

would become;

baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
}

both of these 'baseurl' exist. one is for "releases", other is for "updates".

because i have both 'dependency' and 'related' errors, should i not have;

 "releases" path in "fedora.repo" file,

and

 "updates" path in "fedora.updates.repo" file?

at time of making changes to files, i did not think about file names and
line that you showed, and it applying to *fedora.updates.repo* only, so i
made additional changes to path in *fedora.repo*.

this does seem to be a logical solution to problems.

i have been taking care of house chores and 'yardening' most of day, and
while i am taking a 'heat break', i thought i might ask before i try out
my 'theory'.

thanks again.

later.

--