Re: need new repo list for fedora 12

<snip>

> Is your networking and DNS lookup working?

it works with 2 installs of sl5.4, so it is not a problem from isp.
so i tend to believe that if it works with sl5.4, it should work with
f12, unless something in f12 is causing resolving problem.

i am currently emailing with sl5.4.

i logged http://www.nic.com/index.html to resolve addresses for;

  download.fedora.redhat.com
     ns1.redhat.com  66.187.233.210

  nas1.itc.virginia.edu
    UVAARPA.VIRGINIA.EDU  128.143.2.7

will try pinging both name and address in f12 to see what happens.

> You _may_ need to manually download updates for "curl", "libcurl" and
> "python-pycurl". That's what I would try, provided that your networking
> with F12 is working actually.

can i presume that yum uses 'curl' and installed version is ok?

if such is true, then because of all mirrors failing, that problem
would actually be in dns resolving.

on presumption that i do have a dns failure, where should i look for
problem?

what is interesting, this problem did not happen when i previously
installed f12.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.