Re: Hard disk trouble

On Friday, 03 September, 2010 @18:38 zulu, Ankur Sinha scribed:

> I'll connect it to a windows machine someplace and check. I have a
> feeling the SATA to USB thing *may* be the culprit too.

Being an electrician, I would suspect the exceedingly cheap (yet
quite efficient and about zero phantom load, unlike the heavy wall
wart types) switching power bricks that come with such adapters.

So, try a different power supply. e.g. you can connect the drive to a
computer's power supply and still use the USB to SATA adapter to see if the
black brick's the problem.