Re: Aren't upgrades demanding too much restarts?

Hi Calin,

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 20:48, kalinix <calin.kalinix.cosma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In this particulary case, why not just an evolution --force-shutdown?
> This will shutdown evolution-data-server. As simple as that.

Yes, it's simple. So simple it should have been handled automatically
by the upgrade *without a reboot* ;-)

I appreciate all the tips (really), but my point is not specifically
about Evolution, it's just that I believe reboots are being required
unnecessarily. Upgrades could and should be smarter. It seems we're
stepping backwards.

Regards,

Andre