Re: SELinux

;;; sorry again -- my thunderbird habit does not work for your message

 >> Well, please educate me. All I hear from advocates is "more
 >> security" without a concrete example. You mentioned the danger of
 >> emails get stolen without SELinux. Please give me the scenario. So
 >> we can gauge the risk.
 >
 > Simple example. Daemons running under selinux can only access the
 > things they are expected to be accessing. So if I was to crack your
 > httpd [...]

I am sorry, but I assumed a desktop system all along. I believe that
is clear when I say that SELinux is not necessary for most. The
comments I quoted are /not/ about servers too.

And from the context it was clear that you talked about a browser
exploit when you said "its much harder to steal all my email, run off
with my credit card data or just be a nuisance."

I assume you know the chances that an average linux user actually get
exploited in that way is very low.