Re: Better Firefox fonts?

  On 08/31/2010 08:53 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>   On 08/31/2010 08:49 PM, Tim wrote:
>> Ed Greshko:
>>> I wonder...is there a simply way to determine what fonts are being
>>> used/displayed?  I've never looked into it or thought much about it.
>> By the way, about the thing I mentioned in my prior message, I just
>> googled for:  firefox font identify
>>
>> There's probably a few other search keywords that fit the bill, but
>> that's the only one I can think of at the moment.
>>
> That addon you referred to seems to be a good choice.  When I highlight
> a portion of the text that looks fine to me...but bad to the OP it shows...
>
> font-family (stack): verdana,helvetica,sans-serif
> Font being rendered: verdana
> font-size: 10.3667px
>
> I wonder what he is seeing?

He's probably seeing that, but he's probably also seeing

color: #333333
color: rgb(51, 51, 51)
background-color: transparent

which makes the text grey, and lacking contrast. Its not fuzzy. Its just
an odd choice of colour. A lot of sites make their main text grey in
this way, making it look like your eyes have misted over.

Steve