Re: Better Firefox fonts?

 On 08/31/2010 07:45 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 16:12 -0400, Alex wrote:
>> Quite often the fonts in a web page, or printing something from within
>> Firefox looks blurred. Here is a sample screenshot:
>>
>> http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7923/loc.png
> I'd concur with Athmane Madjoudj, you might have a bad anti-aliasing
> option picked for your system.  And some fonts do that better than
> others.

FWIW, I find it helpful that when an image is posted that the actual
link also be posted so that folks looking at it can compare what they
see on their system alongside of what the OP is seeing.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.scdb.200033625/default.html

will show the same page as the image.

In my case my display looks just fine compared with the image.  It seems
my system is picking a different font to use as to what the OP's system
is using.

I wonder...is there a simply way to determine what fonts are being
used/displayed?  I've never looked into it or thought much about it.

--
I'm not even going to *______bother* comparing C to BASIC or
FORTRAN. -- L. Zolman, creator of BDS C 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段