Re: General desktop questions

Hi Ted,

> I don't have the answers to your questions, but a couple suggestions
> on how you might increase your chances of getting the right answers:

Thanks for your input. I'm very surprised my questions were such that
you believed pointing me to the CATB doc was necessary; I'm not new at
this. I still think back to how cool it was to hang out at a bar with
ESR, Alan, David Miller, Maddog, and Linus after the Linux Expo in
Raleigh back in probably 1994. Doesn't make me a hacker by
association, but sure was a cool time.

I am new at the FC13 desktop -- I'm only now trying Linux on the
desktop for the first time in quite a few years, after having given up
on it many years ago do to lack of the functionality I needed.

Perhaps "General Desktop Questions" is a bit too broad, but creating
five different posts for basic questions about the desktop that I
wasn't sure were my usability difficulties or otherwise.

For example, in Windows Firefox I can type a Google search term in the
location bar, but not in FC13. Is this configurable?

I've got a basic font question, but will open a new thread for that :-)

Thanks,
Alex