Re: General desktop questions

Hi,

>> - How can I change the highlighting of text using the mouse in a
>> Terminal to automatically copy without having to right-click then
>> Copy, and paste automatically by clicking the right-mouse button,
>> similar to how putty works?
>
> Almost all X applications handle fast-paste, a simple yet gloriously
> useful feature:
> (1) Select the text using the primary (usually left) mouse button. This
> makes it the "primary selection" (which is separate from the clipboard).
> (2) Paste the primary selection by pressing the middle mouse button at
> the destination. If you have a scroll-wheel mouse, press the scroll
> wheel in; if you have a 2-button mouse, press both buttons at the same
> time (may not be configured for all hardware).

I changed the Keyboard Shortcuts "Paste" function to Shift-Insert, and
now copy doesn't appear to work correctly. It may be coincidental, but
now the only way to copy is to right-click and select copy, after
highlighting text.

I should be able to highlight text with the mouse and immediately
paste, correct?

How can I disable email addresses from becoming hyperlinks?

Thanks,
Alex