Re: Fedora 13 on Dell E6410 screen resolution problem

I never have been able to get Fedora 13 to work. There is something
about the recent kernels; I can't get it to work at anywhere near the
resolution it is capable of with either nouveau or the Nvidia
proprietary driver.

I did get Fedora 12 to work. It was a convoluted process. The installer
worked OK using an external monitor. I never could get X to boot
properly after that under nouveau, with either the LCD display or the
external monitor. I got a blank screen on the LCD and a warning from the
monitor that this timing could not be displayed. So what I ended up
doing was booting non-graphically, installing the Nvidia driver, then
starting X. With a bit of fiddling with nvidia-settings, I am *finally*
able to use X at the full LCD resolution (1440x990).

Using F12 instead of F13 is an acceptable workaround for now, but of
course sooner or later I will need to move forward. I may actually give
the F14 beta a try just to see if it will work. Does anyone know what it
is about the recent kernels? nouveau won't work post-install even with
"nomodeset", and the Nvidia driver will install but fails to initialize
the chip when X is started (I just get an error to that effect in
Xorg.0.log).

--Greg