Re: Fedora Notifications System.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 4:47 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What a horrible idea.  Please PLEASE don't make it the default, and
certainly make sure I can yum remove it (because I *will* remove it).

I get enough spam already, I don't need yet another well-known way
for spammers to hack into my system and put ads in front of my face.
I also don't need yet another Surprise! distraction popping up on my
desktop.

Besides, we already have a way to do this - it's called e-mail.
Or twitter.  Or usenet.  Or facebook.  Or the web.  Or IRC.  Let people
choose whether to get notices or not, and how, don't force it down their
throats the way some big companies do.

i guess you didn't read the wiki page, that's why you are saying this.
the problem is a large number of the newbies don't follow any of the list items you mentioned.
however, the idea worth a small application that is well configed & easily manageable, & of course removable.

--
Regards,,
Mahmoud Abdul Jawad