Re: Upgrade with little RAM

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I have a Thinkpad T23 with 512MB RAM,
> which I seldom use.
> (It is kept in a holiday location.)
>
> It is currently running Fedora-10,
> which probably shows when it was last used.
> I tried installing Fedora-13 from the KDE Live CD,
> and was a bit surprised to find that
> it started up OK, but then just hung.

It may appear that to hang.  On these older systems, you might want to
minimize what runs on startup.

I had a conversation about installing FC13 on an A22p and Robert "Doc"
Savage provided a hint.  He stated to disable the Beagle system as it
tends to run forever.

Thank you for the ram hint however, I'll have to check and see how much
memory I have on my old A22p.  It may just have the minimum to run a
graphical interface (384MB).  I might be able to 'squeeze' a GB into it.

James McKenzie