Re: touchpad issue-SOLVED

PaulCartwright wrote:
>   On 08/21/2010 12:58 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
>
>>> I'm running fedora 13, and and on my laptop, I have a synaptic

>> System ->  Preferences ->  Mouse . There is a "Touchpad" tab and you click
>> the "Enable mouse clicks with touchpad" box to enable this behavior.
>>

> that was it, thanks! I can't imagine why that wasn't checked by
> default... in every other distro I've tried it was the default...

For people like me, I like the opposite as I have 'heavy hands' and thus
just touching the touchpad will cause it to click.  It is a real pain to
deactivate it (just as it is for you to activate it.)  I guess so many
folks complained to Fedora or the driver package creator that they
changed this action.  Fortunately, it is simple to turn back on.

Now to see if my old trackpoint is supported as well....(This feature
should be non-selectable as it does not have tap-to-select hardware.)

James McKenzie