Re: Installing DD-WRT -

g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Sent: Aug 20, 2010 9:24 AM
>To: fedora users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Installing DD-WRT -
>
>On 08/20/2010 02:26 PM, James Mckenzie insultingly wrote:
>> I have a question:  What does this have to do with Fedora?
>
>> I've been following this thread with an interest to see what installing a
>> software package on a router/firewall has to do with Linux?
>
>granted that dd-wrt may not be written with an embedded version of
>'red hat' or 'fedora', but there are 'fedora' user who are interested
>in using and are using dd-wrt.

Oh, so that's the connection.  Now I see...

>so, if you are not gaining anything from this thread, why not just add
>a filter to your email client to sent this thread to 'trash' and you will
>no longer have to follow this thread "to see what installing a software
>package on a router/firewall has to do with Linux".

Actually, I have the manual method.  It works better and I don't miss replies like yours.

>i and 15 other subscribers are interested.

Again, this is something that I did not know about and it looked like folks were talking about routers/firewalls and not Linux and problems related to kernels.  Since DD-WRT is based on the Fedora/RedHat kernel, talk away, I'll just move messages to the Trash on this subject (I don't have a router/firewall/switch in my setup, but if I do, I know how use and abuse archives.)

>have a nice day.

You really should not say that.  It usually means I'll have an ugly one (and it started that way this morning about 8 a.m. PNT.)

James McKenzie