Re: Problem when upgrading from F12 to F13

On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 17:30 +0200, Jon Ingason wrote:
> The preupgrade of the i686 went fine. It only did do the first step
> so
> when I rebooted the computer I only needed to configure the network
> as
> stated in the wiki. When I tried to preupgrade the x86_64 using same
> method as with the i686 the /boot got full and the preupgrade program
> crashed.
>
> I have goggled and not found this problem. Have other same problem
> with
> x86_64 or is there other way to do this without resizing /boot?

It's not x86_64 per se, but 64-bit binaries are larger then 32-bit ones.
Also, you may have several earlier kernels already installed in /boot.
If so, trying removing some (leave at least one as a backup of course)
and try again.

Also, check the archives of this list where space problems with
preupgrade have been discussed before. Around the release date of F13
would probably be a good place to start looking.

poc