Re: Fedora can't detect PCI devices

Have you tried the BIOS option that clears or resets "ESCD"? (Sorry, not in front of a machine I can reboot to get the right terminology). I had a similar problem with my Gigabyte board that disavowed all knowledge of one of the onboard NICs and the Firewire UUID was all "0000000000000000...". The "dmidecode" command claimed there was no SMBIOS on the system at all until this option was set once and the system rebooted. Then it all worked just fine. This only affected "virgin" motherboards as I had bought a second that had the same issue, and was pulling what little hair I have left out until I tried it.

Chris Kloiber