Re: Error reading pen drive

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Mikkel <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Of hand, it looks like you did something like "mke2fs /dev/sdb".
> While this is valid, it creates a drive without a partition table.
> This causes problems for the auto-mount software.

Correct, I used that command. But earlier I was really not aware that
it could generate any problem  for the auto-mount software, which for
sure has been created.

> While you could manually mount a drive set up this way, you are
> better using parted to create a partition table, a partition that
> spans the entire drive, and formatting it. You will probably find
> that one of the GUIs for parted is easier to use. You may have
> gparted or qtparted installed.

Oh, but I tries that pen drive in other PC too (my friend's) and it is
not even getting detected there (in Windows XP Prof.), so it made me
to conclude that there is some internal problem of the pen-drive,
which again is a guess but with probability more than 80%!
--

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia