Re: Thinkpad A22p/Improper Video on Install

Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 20:03 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> For now, I'm going to attempt an install of FC8.  I know it is EOL, but
>> I need to have Linux installed on the system for another project.  Maybe
>> I can update to FC13 this way?
>>

> James,
>
> That may be a bridge too far. If you partition your hard drive with
> 500MB for /boot and 2X RAM for swap, it may be possible space-wise. I
> know you'll be able to do a from-scratch install of F13 using this
> geometry and the mimimum | trim | xorg.conf | update sequence I sent
> you. F13 is now running fine on my A22p, but it was a struggle at first.
>
> There have been a lot of [r]evolutionary changes and extinctions between
> F8 and F13. There's no guarantee that you'll be able to jump over so
> many major versions without having an upgrade go "Huh?" and tumble into
> dependency hell. It won't hurt to try and fail.

"Doc"

You may be right.  When I try to go from init 3 to init 5 I get

Starting monitoring for VG VolGroup:  2 logical volume(s) in volume
group "VolGroup" monitored
                                                               [ OK ]
Starting system logger
Retrigger failed udev events                   [ OK ]

And then the system appears to 'hang'.

Might this be because of the Beagle file system or because I'm using
Logical Volumes?

James McKenzie