Re: Thinkpad A22p/Improper Video on Install

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 20:03 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
> For now, I'm going to attempt an install of FC8.  I know it is EOL, but
> I need to have Linux installed on the system for another project.  Maybe
> I can update to FC13 this way?

James,

That may be a bridge too far. If you partition your hard drive with
500MB for /boot and 2X RAM for swap, it may be possible space-wise. I
know you'll be able to do a from-scratch install of F13 using this
geometry and the mimimum | trim | xorg.conf | update sequence I sent
you. F13 is now running fine on my A22p, but it was a struggle at first.

There have been a lot of [r]evolutionary changes and extinctions between
F8 and F13. There's no guarantee that you'll be able to jump over so
many major versions without having an upgrade go "Huh?" and tumble into
dependency hell. It won't hurt to try and fail.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL