Re: OTish :D Colors of Cases for Fedora was: Re: Open Letter

 On 08/13/2010 01:23 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> I mused at the time, what it would feel like for el spammero,
> to check the archive, and see that there was no outrage,
> just a bending of his will to ours (somewhat!).

However, I feel you've chosen your "spammer" target unwisely.  The
particular person whose "spam" you responded to seems to have some
serious mental health issues.  As a layman, it seems to me that he
suffers, in part, from some sort of paranoia.  (A bit of research will
show that he feels his neighbors are out to get him..)  I am sure that
in his mind his message to this list, and other lists, is a sincere cry
for help and he would want folks to consider his "contributions" to
linux and not dismiss him.

It is good to see that there was no outrage.  Yet, this person will
probably not be checking the archives since he was unsubscribed,
informed of his transgression, and other measure taken to (hopefully) to
prevent additional similar postings.

Even if he does check the archives I would doubt that the "will bending"
would have any impact what so ever.  Certainly no positive affect.

> Very interesting it turned out at the same time.

I enjoy the occasional, brief, wholly OT discussion from time to time.
Sometimes they become protracted as  physicist wannabees, lawyer
wannabees, astronomer wannabees, etc. feel the need to express their
knowledge.  At those times I wonder if the Fedora lists would be well
served to have what OpenSUSE has.  When these things pop up...and start
to get expansive....folks are pointed to the special OT list where
anyone interested can continue to enjoy the topic.

All I know is this (and all I care to know) ....

If it is 35C outside and I walk barefoot on the blacktop my feet get
burned.  If I walk barefoot on white sand beach at BaiShaWan my feet get
burned.

--
Boy, those Germans have a word for everything. -- Homer Simpson When
Flanders Failed 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段