Re: OTish :D Colors of Cases for Fedora was: Re: Open Letter

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 10:30 -0400, Robert Myers wrote:
> For computers, the color of the case is probably not an important
> consideration with respect to thermal management.  For spacecraft and
> even for the roof of a house, it is.  For the understanding of
> physics, labeling something so fundamental as Kirchoff's Law as a
> "theoretical absurdity" is unhelpful.

No, it's this thread about computer casing colouring that I was
labelling.

We used to have these sorts of arguments in college (studying
electronics), many many years ago.  The theorists would intricately
calculate the inefficiency of the transformer, to work out which ones
they should put in a power supply.  The rest of us would have a quick
look at the specs sheet, and pick one that could handle the current and
a few volts more.

... the absurdity of getting bogged down in theory for insignificant
gain.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686