Re: F12: bash-completion issues?

On 08/12/2010 05:41 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Yes, in the original post, I said that there is a ListAvailable file in
> the Desktop
> directory, so bash-completion does not find any matching file there.  It
> seems
> that bash-completion does not work on local files that are known to be
> there,
> and I tried it on links, and directories (except for "Desktop" which it
> did expand)
> UNLESS it is prefixed with certain commands in front of it, such as:
>
> # cd ~/Desktop
> # ls List<Tab>
> ListAvailable
>
> So it worked.
>
> But these fails:
> # List<Tab>
Normally does not search the current directory - it searches you
executable search path for an executable starting with List.

> # ./List<Tab>
Will only work if List<whatever> is in the current directory AND is
executable. I believe, but have not tested, that it will also fail
if the current directory is on a partition that is mounted noexec.

> # yum list available > List<Tab>

Works for me in F12 as long as List<whatever is in the current
directory. I am not sure why it isn't working for you.

Mikkel