Re: F12: bash-completion issues?

On 08/12/2010 03:09 PM, JD wrote:
>   On 08/12/2010 02:10 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I am assuming wrong, but it appears that bash-completion
>> is not working for local files in the gnome-terminal?
>>
>> For example, I know there is a file in my desktop called "ListAvailable"
>> so I tried this:
>>
>> # yum list available>  List<tab>
>>
>> and bash completion refuses to locate the local file and to expand it.
>>
>> Is this expected?
>>

> In your .bashrc
>
> set complete-file ^I^I
> (that's Control-I twice)

I tried it (logged out and back in) and it does not
change anything.  Same behaviour.

It is interesting there are different behaviours:

# L<Tab>
LabPlot       LibraryLocal
# cd Desk<Tab>  (expanded to Desktop, so it worked)
# L<Tab>
LabPlot       LibraryLocal
# List<Tab> (Beeps everytime a Tab is hit, but no list is given)