Re: Creating an Audio only DVD from several CD's

  On 08/10/2010 04:57 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 04:19 PM, JD wrote:

>>> Unless your computer's DVD drive supports DVD-A, you're stuck.  The
>>> drive must support DVD-A internally.  The audio on DVD-A is not the
>>> same as the audio tracks on a DVD.  Totally different beast (different,
>>> lossless encoders used, higher bitrates, etc.).  It's similar to trying
>>> to play an SACD on a non-SACD-compatible drive.
>>>
>>> AFAIK, there are very few internal DVD-A drives available.  You could
>>> wire your Denon into the line inputs of your sound card, but I'm sure
>>> you thought of that.
>> That is really sad!
>> I had hoped to pack several CD's per DVD so I could play them
>> in my car's dvd player.
>> OK, so my next attempt is to create an mp3 dvd - but oh.. wait!
>> my car's dvd player is not mp3 capable either.
> As I have some old cars myself (67 Jag 340 and a 70 Jag E-Type), I was
> faced with a similar problem.  My CD collection has been ripped to my
> system at home, so I have MP3s (and other versions of the same stuff
> using different codecs) out the wazoo.
>
> In my E-Type I use an iPod or other MP3 player and an FM transmitter
> (which does double-duty being used with my portable XM receiver).  It's
> not ideal, but the E-Type is a noisy car anyway, being a roadster and
> all.
>
> I put a new radio into the 340 that has both a USB and an aux input.
> I can plug the iPod or other USB player into the USB.  The radio can
> deal with a VFAT-formatted USB flash drive, so I put a bunch of CD
> content on an 8GB flash.  Plug it in and go.  The XM plugs into the aux
> input.  I like this radio.  I may replace the one in the E-Type with
> one of these.
> - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks@xxxxxxxx -
> - AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 22643734            Yahoo: origrps2 -
> -      Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.       -
Good solution Rick!
My 2007 Camry does not have a USB port,
nor a tape player - only a CD player. That's
the factory thing.
Hmmm... I will talk to the Toyota dealer to see
if they have an adapter. I do not want to gut out
the factory stuff and put in an aftermarket.